Saturday, June 19, 2004

Reality Kicks In

Finally. I thought the day would never come - or that I wouldn't be able to hang on until it did. My favorite reality show, Big Brother, returns on CBS.

Funny thing is that when reality shows first became the big thing (with the launch of Survivor), I was appalled. I wanted nothing to do with them and couldn't believe that society had sunk to such a low level of entertainment. Then along came the first season of Big Brother. This was the beginning of my demise.

Seeing the first season previews, I again thought "have we been reduced to this?". I decided that I would watch an episode just so I could have some basis to hold myself in a higher regard than the rest of society (since certainly I would be immediately turned off to what reality tv represented). Boy, was I wrong. I got reeled in hook, line and sinker. Since then, I've been over the top: American Idol, Big Brother, Survivor - you name it. Season after season, hour after mind numbing hour. I actually plan my social activities around the episodes air times. I've been contaminated!

Looking forward to season 5 of Big Brother. Last season was quite an interesting twist with the ex-factor. I just hope they don't try so hard to one-up it that they end up making the show appear corny or staged (well, not that it isn't somewhat of them both.... but it's at least subtle). To date, I think Big Brother 3 was my favorite so far. Lisa rocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home