Sunday, June 20, 2004

Retail Sitcom

I'm watching the news the other night and in the background of one of their interviews I spot a cashier in a partial lean against the counter flipping through the pages of a magazine. "Productivity at it's finest", I thought to myself. Although in all honesty, if I was 20 again (OH if I was 20 again!!!) I can't guarantee that I wouldn't be doing the same thing. But I digress here....

So I'm watching this girl and I notice that a customer gets into her line. The first thing I see is a bag of doritos making its way down the conveyor belt. It stopped just prior to the scanner. I could almost sense that the Doritos were holding their breath in anticipation of the cashier picking them up, scanning them and sending them on their way. And what happened? She flipped the page of the magazine!

Now I'm thinking, "Wouldn't it be funny if she picked up the bag, opened it, started eating the Doritos while continuing to read the magazine - all with the guest just standing there in utter amazement???".

This is the stuff that good sitcoms are made of - why are there no good retail based sitcom out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home