Monday, June 21, 2004

To My Dear Car Thief

Dear fellow lover of car audio,
Thank you for taking the time to break into my car last night. I hope that my amp and subwoofer are to your liking. The sad truth of the matter is that (as far as I could tell) the subwoofer is blown and the left channel of the amp went all shades of screwy. Hopefully you will have better luck with it than I did.

Truthfully, I actually appreciate how neatly you removed it from my car. You carefully unscrewed and unplugged the connections. I thought that was very thoughtful, as most people would have just made one ugly cut.







I see you found the spare change in my ashtray. May it provide you with many happy returns from Taco Bell.

What was wrong with my Palm Pilot in the shopping bag sitting in the passenger seat? Just because it's not color, it wasn't good enough for you? If you want it - seriously, you can have it. I had it in there because I was going to give it away to someone at work, but everyone either had one or wasn't interested. Give me a holler if you change your mind.

I saw you found the broken glove compartment. You should probably try to close it next time. Your mama didn't raise no slob, I'm sure! Please always remember to keep your good manners in tact all the way through. I don't really know if I'm missing anything else. I really only noticed the amp and subwoofer. If you need help with anything, give me a holler.

I hope you liked the note I left on the window for you. If I get any better equipment to replace the broken ones you now have, I'll give you a holler if you leave your name and number.








Hope to hear from you soon.

2 Comments:

At June 24, 2004 at 12:36 AM, Blogger WakefireVP said...

That was the funniest thing I've read in a long while... What a classy and cool response to having someone break into your car. I genuinely hope they stopped by your vehicle the next day to read the sign. Your OK in my book. -paraphrasing- "May the spare change you stole bring you many happy returns from Taco Bell" ROFL :)

 
At September 20, 2004 at 11:37 PM, Blogger Putnam Pig said...

Well, the local Taco Bell went under not too long after this. Wonder if the same people robbed them and put them out of business?

I'm still waiting for them to send me a "Thank you card for the thank you note"...but alas, nothing yet. Maybe I'll have a Christmas card to look forward to? Oh my dear little car thieves...if only they would have left me their address so I could have personally delivered my thank you note to them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home